Jan 2, 2010

Webquests -

I am working on a Webquest for the second graders at my school. The teachers are so excited to use Winter Olympics to teach with this February - so I decided to do a Webquest on the Olympics.

Before I got started, I had to learn how a Webquest can promote learning. After reading this article I learned that there are three ways kids learn through discovery: problem-based learning, project-based learning, and inquiry-based learning. All three approaches focus on the experience and use technology to organize and present ideas or search for information.

For my Webquest on the 2010 Olympics, I will make a Webquest where students gather information. Technology will be a tool to support students' inquiry-based learning. Follow this link to learn more about Webquests and this link by Kathy Schrock for more information on how to make your own Webquest!

No comments:

Post a Comment